Monday, August 5, 2013

back to school week: day 1 ♡

As I started writing my giant back to school post, I realized that it was probably wayyy too long for someone to sit and read through in one sitting. So, I decided to split it all up into five posts, one for every day of the week! But enough explanation, lets get into the good stuff.

Monday is the most boring of the five posts: School Supplies


Notebooks!  Nobody wants to be boring with plain old Target notebooks, do they? (Even though I probably will end up with those...) I found these three creative and cute notebooks at Urban Outfitters, but you can probably find some just as cute for cheaper. Or, buy a normal notebook or composition book for .99¢, and look up some super cool ways to decorate it at home. You never know, maybe I'll make a post about it.

Pencils! Not really much to say about pencils. All I can say, is please don't buy Target Brand pencils. They are a lot less expensive, but a terrible value. BiC pencils may be a bit more expensive, but I promise they will last you months longer than the Target brand. Don't forget a cute pencil case! They have a ton of really great ones on Etsy.com, Ebay, and Amazon .And I'm sure you can find some perfect ones by searching around the web.

Backpack! A nice backpack can go a long way. Unlike a lot of people my age, I prefer full on backpacks over totes or one-armed-thingymajigs because they make your back hurt a lot less when you're carrying all your heavy books. My current obsession are the bags from Herschel. They range from $40 to $80, but they are really great quality and go against the stereotype of an ugly school bag. They also sell a ton of really stylish ones at Macy's, PacSun, CottonOn, Urban Outfitters, and Forever 21. (Tip: If you're looking for something stylish but think you can find it for a lot cheaper, try Ebay or Amazon! I once bought a pair of adorable tights for a little less than $3, so you never know what you'll find.)

Index cards, etc.! Okay,  honestly the only reason I put these index cards in here is because we have to do 79 note cards for AP US History, and you never know when you'll need more. I really like the fun colors because they give you the freedom to organize stuff by color, like maybe presidents are red and the civil war is blue. In the category of something as boring as index cards I'd place binders (which you can decorate to make them fun, I guess), folders, and all the boring stuff I'd really care not to write about. 

See? Monday is always the worst day of the week. But vital for a successful school year! But I promise, Tuesday gets a lot better (but shh, it's a secret). If you guys have any other suggestions for school supplies like these, don't be shy! I'd love to know so that I can add them to my post or direct readers to the comment section so that they can learn from your wisdom.

Stay groovy,
xo Camille
 

No comments:

Post a Comment