Thursday, August 8, 2013

back to school week: day 4 ♡

Wow, it's finally Thursday! Second to last day of the week, the anticipation for Friday is blinding. 

Day 4 is almost as fun as yesterday's post: Clothes.
Shoes! Comfortable footwear is important for a successful school year. If your school is even half as big as mine, you'll know that wearing heels or delicate sandals is NOT an option given all of the trekking we are required to do around the halls. A huge trend last year (but I still love..) is riding boots, and you can find so many different colors and prices almost anywhere. I really like these black ones from Steve Madden. Sneaks are important too! Like I said in my birthday post, I love white converse! The great thing about sneakers (these in particular) is that they go with everything and are super comfortable for a long day at school, especially if you have activities like I do after. In general, it doesn't matter what shoes you wear as long as their comfortable, and as long as they AREN'T FLIP FLOPS! Flip flops (or as some people call them, sandals) are a terrible choice when it comes to in-class footwear. No one wants to see your toes.

Sweater! Especially during the winter and fall, for some reason schools crank up the air conditioning so that it is practically below zero. Because of this, I have developed the habit of ALWAYS having a cute sweater in my locker so that I don't have to wear my puffy winter jacket in class in case I get cold. I really love the skeleton trend, especially on this cozy black pullover. You can make your own here!

Scarf! Kind of going along with the "its-always-freezing-in-Minnesota" track, one of my favorite accessories are scarves. You really don't need that many scarves if you have one in a great color (like the grey infinity one that I have pictured above). It doesn't matter what your style is (sporty, punk, girly) scarves go with almost anything and can make a boring tee shirt look ten times cooler! Scarves come in all sorts of styles and colors and are a really trendy way to keep your neck and chest nice and cozy.

Light Jacket! We'll get to winter essentials later, but for now a fall jacket is a must. Fall is my all time favorite season, and I spend a lot of time outside during the fall, so a really pretty fall jacket is required. While I was in New York, I noticed a lot of the women walking around wearing these really cool military green jackets. And you know, NYC ladies start all the trends! I fell in love with this style of jacket and decided I needed one! I found this hooded one on Ebay.

Jeans! Everyone needs a good pair of jeans to rock the school year. They go with everything, and there are so many different types and colors that you can wear a pair of jeans for every body type and style.

T-Shirts! Like the jeans, it's kind of obvious why you need t-shirts. Even if you like to wear dresses more than shirts or pants, a plain white tee is perfect for a day-off look. I've been really digging the baggy tee + tight pants trend for a while now, and this white tee shirt and jeans will go perfectly together! 

Well, this post was kind of obvious seeing as most of my readers probably have fantastic fashion sense (yes, you!), but it's important to have this as a part in my back to school week series. 

Stay groovy,
xo Camille

 

No comments:

Post a Comment