Wednesday, October 21, 2015

back to the future II day

Happy BTTFII Day! I don't know if that is the actual abbreviation used, but I think it works.

I haven't written in a while, so I don't exactly know why I've chosen this day to write. But it's currently 8:30 on Oct. 21st 2015, so if I don't get this written in three and a half hours, it loses all meaning. Whoa, melodrama!

For some reason, as excited as I am that I'm actually living through this time captured in the iconic Back to the Future II film, it has got me insanely stressed. I'm not sure if I'm the only one who feels like this is it. This is the only day that I'll have to do something really, really neat. It's an iconic day. I have to do something worth it.

I guess it has to do with my strange fear of commitment that manifests in the most random situations. I don't think it's unusual for me to be afraid of forever. I hate the idea of a door closing and never being able to open it again. I'd rather hold on to a thousand keys and never use them than have only one key that I know I'll use but I can't exchange it for the rest of my life. Weird analogy. I'm strangely existential tonight.

But what does that have to do with Back to the Future? Today is the only October 21st 2015. This day will never happen again. After midnight tonight, I will have lost the chance to do something really cool today. Like, Marty McFly cool. I'll never be able to go back to this exact date and make it worth while (I mean, neglecting the possibility of time travel of course). For some reason, that scares me.

You probably shouldn't have expected too much out of this post. Does it even make any sense? I just needed to get it off my chest.

 I want to put a dumb joke in here at the end, but they're just not flowing tonight.

Or maybe they never are?

Make the most of today.
Goodnight,
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment