Wednesday, April 22, 2015

new beginnings

Woah. Take a look around my friends. TheOneChameleon has gotten a serious haircut. Partially because the content itself will be getting a serious haircut. Horrible analogy. Let me explain.

If you couldn't tell, I've gotten really bored with writing lately. I was getting tired of only writing things I thought people would enjoy ie: vain, thoughtless posts on hairdos and movies. While I still really enjoy those things, I refused to let myself write about a lot of the stuff that I actually found interesting. I thought that nobody would care, and that my blog would lose the popularity that it was finally beginning to gain. I felt like my writing style was too rambly for a world with such a short attention span.

So...I stopped writing. Period. Zilch. Nada. Kaput.

And recently, I've realized how much I loved and missed this blog. And also how I can change it to become MY blog. I realized how I can allow it to change with me as I grow. I've already changed so much since my last couple posts, but I promise, it's still mostly me.

So here's what's going to happen. I'm writing for me now. This is not to say that I don't care about my readers or participants, nor that I will refuse to take constructive criticism. What it means is that I'm going to try and lead this blog less for what I think people might enjoy, and more for what I am passionate about, and hopefully you are too. I strongly encourage readers to give me suggestions on what I should write about or comment and start discussions. That being said, I'm going to try as hard as I can to focus on how I want this blog to turn out without paying attention to my reader count.

I really want to work on engaging people in the things I find interesting, and hopefully opening the people who read my blog up to a whole point of view they hadn't even thought about. Whether you agree with me or not, I really want to encourage productive conversations in the comments, and if it goes well, we can discuss some options for a bigger, better way of debating and talking about really cool stuff.

I also want to keep this fresh, fun, and young. I'm still a teenage girl who is obsessed with One Direction, makeup, and cutesy DIY's (and I plan to write about these things). But I really want to work on expanding my view and the view of others on the world as a whole. Especially young people. If our young population started paying attention to bigger things outside their bubbles, we could rule the world!! But we have to get educated on the big things first. This includes things like politics, current events, cultural events, science breakthroughs, and all that great jazz that (unfortunately) matters more than One Direction, makeup, and DIY's in the long run.

If this new plan gains enough steam, hopefully I'll be able to invite guest writers, add different types of media, and maybe turn this little blog for my thoughts and shenanigans into a youth publication. That's the goal. You dig?

TheOneChameleon is going through puberty, but I think we'll make it through this awkward stage together.

Thanks for sticking with me, and we'll see where this takes us.

xx Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment